Thursday, May 17, 2007

A brief conversation with Sanaa Lathan

 

I put the juice down. "There are times I have seen you on screen, and I have laughed and at times I have lusted, and I've looked and seen a two-dimensional, fictional being, a story device. Then at times when I have seen you and I have cared, you know? Really, deeply wanted you to survive, to win, to get through the crisis, and be happy. And not just because of how good you look, or how funny you are, but because of who you are. I fucking cry at movies. I am a wimp."
"You don't have to be a wimp to cry at movies," she said.
"Oh yes, you do. It's the definition."
She decided not to argue with that. "But you realise that when you don't want the bad guy to get me, that it's just a movie. It isn't reality."
"It's art," I said. "Art is superior to reality."
"But if it came down to a fistfight, who would win? Art or reality?"
"I don't want to contemplate that. I am afraid of what I'll find."


Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iwaya said...

SANAA!!!!!!!!! And i become gradually inchorent and frothing at the mouth...

8:33 AM  
Blogger yz said...

I like that...art is superior to reality...i think I'll quote it on my fb

3:19 AM  
Blogger Uganda Tourism Press Journalists said...

about Sanaa, for me it is not her beauty. actually when i try to look for beauty in her, i discover that there are better flowers. but i have worshipped that chick since i first saw her in Love and Basketball. i dont know if that means she is a very good actress but i know she has a power about her that one can't easily run away from.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Uganda Tourism Press Journalists said...

just been looking thru her filmography and i notice she's been in more flicks that i've seen. well, she made her mark on me in that flick with Epps.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home