Monday, December 01, 2008

It's going to rain.

This day was hard and cold and gray as knives. The sky hung low. The distant detached voices of life as it is lived in this place zipped from face to face with the urgency and impatience of bullets. Things were being gathered out of the world, collected into shelter before the sagging sky finally collapsed. I felt in my pocket for my phone to make sure it was still there. On a day like this, I wanted that sudden buzz through the denim to vibrate against my skin, a call that would bring her to me, she who was brighter than the darkest rain.

5 Comments:

Blogger King said...

Man, this has brought back some memories. Waiting for a call that would bring her...

I know. I know.

Let it rain.

Solomon King - http://www.rogueking.com

5:01 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

Now. Why have I not been here before??
Love the way this is writ! :-)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tamzel said...

Princess, I share your thoughts. He's good.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

excellent..very good..and this being my first visit here, i must say..the header ie for cavalier for the wonder et al is pretty "cool" for lack of a better word.

12:20 PM  
Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

One post and I'm addicted!!!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home