Saturday, November 20, 2010

Till human voices wake us, and we drown

Then it happened as it always does. I'm always found out. I can't keep it a secret.

That I'm too selfish, too greedy or too weak.

Or maybe it's not things that I have in excess; maybe it's the stuff that I don't have in adequate measure. I'm not kind enough, not brave enough, not there enough.

She asked me, "What do you expect of this?" and I didn't tell her, though I knew exactly what.

I expect I'll make you happy for a while, then I won't be able to any more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous petesmama said...

You are too honest.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Darlkom said...

...then you will again then you won't but that's life.

5:06 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

WOAH

8:43 AM  
Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

This is beautifully true-we are a crazy mix of excesses and inadequacies.
I hope you are wrong...I hope that she will be able to see a million tiny random magical things about you that will inevitably inspire happiness. They are there...in all of us, in that crazy mix of excesses and inadequacies. We just have to close our eyes to see them.
(I have been accused also, of being a chronic optimist)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home