Sunday, January 11, 2009

Similar Story (From somewhere on the Internet)

I still don't know where this passage came from, but I wish I did. I hope you like it.


You never said you were sorry, so it’s such a similar story. I waited for your call until the sun was creeping backwards along the halls, a solicitor shrinking from a slammed door. My home was textured in black burlap folds and spring cold snaps. My feet scraped across a dirty wooden floor, watching and waiting for the static secrets the telephones hold in lines across the sky.

I never learned why you damned my name, never felt that ecclesiastical shame that was my inheritance of memory from you. I feel the tremor in my hands, regular and precise, when I grip the windowsill and look for your coming at the driveway. And as I sink into the rocking chair I dream of a wiser thing to say.

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Yes, I liked. :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Iwaya said...

I thought you were the googling search expert and could find this!

7:47 AM  
Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

very likeable.

11:06 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

wowwowowowowowowowowow!
WOW! 2 THUMBS UP! first time here

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home